Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy Ten

It's been a while since I've gotten an award. In truth there are a couple of awards that I never posted the badge for and even one that I never passed on...too crazed at the time to respond.

Fortunately the timing was right for this lovely award from Katie of Apple and Spice in the UK. If you haven't visited her blog, you might want to do so...she always has interesting posts like the recent on on a family that makes high quality cereals. Actually that is one of the best things about passing along awards...it gives us the opportunity to find new blogs we might not have been to. Who know when a new blogging buddy is just a click away?

At this time of year we wish each other 'Happy New Year' so it's a good time to think about what actually makes us happy.

For this award we are supposed to list 10 things that make us happy and then give the award to ten bloggers who brighten our day.


Ten Things That Make Me Happy - In No Particular Order

1 - Posting a new blog post...like this one...invariable makes me happy. If there is a graphic and a recipe included, I'm even happier. That leads to reading other blogs...even happier!

2 - Taking the dog for a walk with Sweetie brings a smile to my face every time.

3 - Reading cookbooks and finding new things...like a recent discovery of how to make 7-minute frosting in a stand mixer (which may make it into a post soon)...always brings joy.

4 - Talking on the phone to my daughter (or better yet, being with her) always leaves me happier than before.

5 - Reading a fluffy novel or gritty mystery snuggled up in bed with a cup of hot tea within reach is grand.

6 - Baking bread, especially yeasted bread, makes my day.

7 - Breakfast, lunch or dinner eaten with friends is always a good time.

8 - Helping people through my job is truly a source of happiness.

9 - Watching a watercolor painting take shape...almost magical...is happy making.

10 - My family...extended...sometimes drive me crazy, but mostly make me happy...and grateful that they are in my life.


Now the fun part...naming 10 bloggers who brighten my day - this time in alpha order


Cookie Baker Lynn - Lynn makes some delicious things, especially baked sweets. Check out the blueberry series from fall 2009

Culinary Concoctions by Peabody - Peabody, the inventor of the unique Snickerdoodle Muffins, has some of the most drool worthy photos and baked good on her blog

Dad - Baker and Chef
- Dharm bakes gorgeous cakes and sweets, has two beautiful children who help test his goodies, and writes amazing James Bond stories for Daring Baker challenges

Delta Kitchen - Andreas brings a orderly mind and sense of daring to cooking and baking which is a great combination and yields unexpected recipes

Homade Heaven - Rosemary is bringing a truly South African perspective to her blog this year in celebration of their hosting of the FIFA Soccer World Cup 2010

La Mia Cucina - You are almost guaranteed to laugh your head off when you read one of Lis's posts...and she is one of the brilliant founders of the Daring Bakers and Daring Cooks!

My Kitchen in Half Cups - Tanna shares the same joy in bread baking that I do and a warm way of presenting the recipes and results

My Wine Country Village - not a food blog (although she is a great cook), but a delightful foray into many aspects of Northern California life, Barbara's blog is always fun to read

Parsley, Sage, Desserts and Line Drives - as amusing as the title, Lisa is a self-proclaimed obsessive foodie and she really knows her stuff

What's For Lunch Honey - Very open and engaging posts with the added benefit of verdicts about the recipes made, keep me coming back to Meeta's blog often...plus her photos are always gorgeous


If you want to take part in this blogging award you can! Just follow these instructions:
1. Copy the award image into a post
2. Then list 10 things that make you happy
3. Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day
4. Put in a link to their blogs
5. Notify the award receivers
6. Award recipients must link back to sender's blog


Now go on, make some new blog friends!...you know you want to.

9 comments :

  1. Thank you for the award, I will start working on it this weekend and post the things that make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elle. thank you so much for this - I'm incredibly flattered! Now to think of 10 happy things..hmmm..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Elle, you are too sweet! Thanks for the award - you've certainly brought a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the cool new blogs to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Elle! Very kind of you. I will have to think about the 10 things that make me happy! Fall of course is one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so beautiful. Thank you. Perhaps this is just what I need to get me back into the swing. I have a BBB post to get up tomorrow but will do my best to make this one my next and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Elle.
    I will try to compile and post a list sometime during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your 10 happy things are so....happy! Good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! Your are such a gem in the blogging world. You always have kind and uplifting things to say. You make me happy, too.

    ReplyDelete