Friday, November 26, 2010

Takes the Cake


Had a fine Thanksgiving yesterday...hope your day was wonderful, too! Was asked to do dessert so I made the French apple cake in Dorie Greenspan's new book Around My French Table. It is a winner!

Will be back later today with a post that includes the original recipe and my version, which was basically just doubling the recipe since there were 11 at the feast last evening.

A big thank you to our host and hostess who do a magnificent job with a comfortable home, great libations, a well-set table and a discerning selection of guests. One of the results is fantastic food and conversation, but the best part is spending time with them and the high volume of laughter around the wine country table.

XO Elle

1 comment :

  1. Ooh, pretty peas.
    I have taken to eating them raw and blanched from Marks & Spencers -- I just miss freshness and a growing season, so I'm glad to have RAW everything. And no more potatoes.

    Happy Thanksgiving and holiday season!

    ReplyDelete