Monday, June 16, 2008

Blatant Self Promotion


Being notoriously bad at self promotion, I've been reluctant to include anthing here about the art show that has a piece of my work displayed in it. Since the reception is this week, I've been encouraged to at least post the card that is being used to promote the show. I'm fairly proud of my piece, called 'Juicy' with oranges and stripes, one of the pieces chosen for the postcard. If you can come, do, but I don't really expect too many people are going to be thrilled by a student art show. By the way, all of the artists are well over 40, not that it matters. Some of the pieces are absolutely gorgeous, too. Since the graphic is small, you can always e-mail me for information. See top right of the blog for e-mail address.

9 comments :

  1. And you could have told us and we'd have gone! And taken pictures!

    Congratulations! Is this your first art show, or have you been hiding this side of yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:52 AM

    Sorry I can't be there to see the exhibit, but congratulations and woohoo for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Davimack and Tadmack, Sorry, but I left home in such a hurry that I forgot to bring the postcard, PLUS I was so thrilled by your book being published...a far more difficult and wonderful thing...that I forgot to mention the show.
    It is my first watercolor show, but I did have a show of photographs last year...all my own work...at Redwood Cafe :)
    Next time y'all are in No. CA we will have to spend MUCH more time together.]

    Next Sister Down (great name for a blog by the way), thanks! Wish you WERE here...it would be fun. Will be sending you family blog stuff VERY soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting to have your work displayed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should not keep important things like this from us, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh Elle! Its not nice to hide these things from your friends! How nice to have your work published and how exciting for me to know someone who can paint! That's one of the things I wish I could do...Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:32 PM

    Congrats, how fun to see your own work displayed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry you mentioned this - how exciting!! I didn't even know you were an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:32 AM

    It was a great and pleasant surprise to see you at the reception. I had admired your work on the postcard even before realizing you were the artist! Congrats! Love this food blog as well. You are a very creative force. All best!

    ReplyDelete