Friday, June 01, 2012

Welcome June

It was hot enough yesterday (91 degrees when we were walking in town by the water) that it feels like summer, even if the summer solstice is still weeks away. They were decorating for Project Graduation so school is almost out, too. Time for some fun!

Started the morning with a summery breakfast: fresh blueberries (from Southern California...our blueberries are about a month away) cooked in the microwave with a half a perfect peach. Into that mixture I spooned some unsweetened plain Russian style yogurt which made for a nice sweet/tangy contrast. A cup of coffee, a slice of sourdough toast with peanut butter, the morning paper and the deck to enjoy it all on. The only thing that was missing was my big sister and she came out to join me after a while. Then it was perfect!
So grab some fruit and mix it with yogurt and get outside to welcome June.

Now we are off to Petaluma to visit the museum there and find out about the World WarII Code Talkers.

1 comment :

  1. Blueberry and peach ... ahhhh me oh my ... I wish.
    Hot here too.

    ReplyDelete