Tuesday, February 06, 2007

How Do I Love Thee?...Any Way You Slice it

I love using good knives when cooking. It makes everything much easier when the knives are sharp and easy to grab. I have a wooden knife block on the counter which holds my six favorite knives: a 10 inch chef's knife, a long serrated bread knife, a serrated 10 inch knife, a utility knife (which is my favorite) which also has a serrated edge, and a small paring knife, plus a spreader which has a serrated edge and can be used as a knife, too.

No photos or recipe today. Too many other responsibilities and not enough sleep have caught up with me.

....But I'm sure you have your own favorite knives and recipes that depend on good knives. Want to share?


3 comments :

  1. I agree about the knives! I often have them sharpened at the Marin Civic Center Farmer's Market. BTW-my computer crashed and I lost your e-mail address. Would still like to meet up with you on the 17th! anna AT annalou DOT com is my address. Please drop me a note.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:30 AM

    I didn't realize the importance of good knives until a few years ago when my husband bought me a set of really nice knives. I thought I'd been doing OK, but now that I have the good stuff, I know that I was missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna,sorry about the computer. I look forward to meeting you. That's a great tip about the farmer's market for knife sharpening.

    Kristen, sounds like you have a sweetie, too. I used to have so-so knives, but once you get good ones it's hard to believe that you actually cooked with poor ones, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete