Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Week to Remember

Hard to believe that it has been a week since I posted, but such a delightful week!

On Monday we drove to Marin Co. and picked up friends visiting from Australia, then had three wonderful days with them exploring Sonoma County, visiting the Artistry in Wood exhibit at the Museum, eating wonderful veggies from our garden (including the Caprese salad shown above) and a memorable dinner at GTO's in Sebastopol. Wed. morning the oral surgeon said his work had succeeded so my teeth may stay in my head longer :)

Thursday and Friday I worked the whole day and we had record heat in the triple digits and humidity, so I was beat...delicate flowers from Ireland (by heritage) tend to wilt in extreme heat.

Yesterday we were at SFO picking up the Hand Sister. Dinner was at our local sushi place since we all adore sushi and sashimi. There was a gathering of restored old cars where we parked so we enjoyed looking at beautiful autos from the 30s through the 70s. Today the Hand Sister goes to the East Bay to have fun with old friends and Sweetie and I will be back to our dull normal life (Ha!).

Food posting will be coming soon, I promise.

3 comments :

  1. It all sounds delightful (except for the extreme heat). So glad you got to spend such a fun time with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you still have teeth! A beautiful salad, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, I'm a heat wimp, but friends are always fun to visit with, heat or no.

    DaviMack, Thanks! It is one of my favorite summer salads.

    ReplyDelete