Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gratitude

Expressing gratitude can be a way of life, not something that is just done once or twice a year. A day rarely goes by when I don't find some scene or experience that is just plain beautiful...and I make sure to give thanks right then.

This year I have an extra measure of gratitude because my Mother and the Fiddler-Who-Writes came to visit along with Second Sister Down and her fab family...it got a little noisy (sorry Sweetie!) and a little crowded, but it was great fun and many good memories were made. We celebrated a special birthday of River City Sister...also known as Natasha...with afternoon tea in Benicia. It was a delightful afternoon!

I'm always grateful for health, hearth and hubby, for the privilege of living in a beautiful part of the world and the blessing of having an amazing family and many fond friends. As we drove around Northern California this past week and visited my work, too, I was reminded of my good fortune in having abundance in my life, including excellent co-workers and boss and their abundant talents and kind hearts.

I'm grateful for the ease with which one can participate in using the Internet, especially blogging, and for all of the generous and inventive people who blog and comment on blogs. I learn so much from other bloggers and from the comments on others' blogs, too. I'm especially grateful to those who read my blog. I might write it anyway, but it is fun to think that I might have a few readers and some even make the recipes...always a thrill when they do and let me know.

I'm grateful that my stove, refrigerator, freezer, and (especially this week) washing machine all work and that I have electricity, running water, indoor plumbing and a computer. I'm reading a book that Arcadia lent me about Pioneer Women of the Kansas frontier. They were so intrepid and optimistic and did so much with so little. Sure makes you appreciate modern conveniences.

What are you grateful for?

7 comments :

  1. I am thankful for the time to read a blog like yours. I am thankful for thed time to walk around my home and see all the wonderful scenery and wildlife.Thanks for the thoughts. I will follow your recipes.
    http://beyondmygarden.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grateful that you put up a picture of the vines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:42 PM

    Along with much else, YOU!
    Happy Thanksgiving, love and hugs, Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn Right! Sometimes we take what we have for granted and forget about all the good things we have while we get caught up with envy, jealousy and wanting more when we already have so much. I am thankful for all that I have and not least, friends like you that remind us of what is important...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you. It's good to stop and take time to appriciate what we have and where we are. The simplest things and scenes can give such joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm grateful for living in an age where people have devised ways to take pictures like this:

    http://www.esa.int/esaCP/SEM8KIHVY1G_index_1.html#subhead1

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm grateful for such awesome blogging friends like you!

    ReplyDelete