Monday, February 28, 2022

Abbey the Pup's Second Birthday



My good friend Paula has an adorable puppy, Abbey. She just had her second birthday, so we made her a cake! Of course she didn't get to eat any of it, but I did since we made it with non-dairy ingredients, from scratch.

It was a delicious vanilla white cake with confectioners sugar icing and coconut. I made a bone shape from edible paper and decorated it with Abbey's name in pink royal icing, dolled up with some gold dragees around the edges, anchored with more pink royal icing. We had so much fun baking together and the cake was very moist and good. Abbey did get some vanilla ice cream, but I passed on that!

I'll have to get the recipe from Paula for the cake and icing. Both use coconut milk or coconut cream which helps keep it moist. Isn't it pretty?


No comments :

Post a Comment