Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Early Tomatoes


The baby tomatoes on the tomato plant in my garden are still pretty small; about golf ball size. It's going to be weeks before we enjoy any of them.


Fortunately the farm stand near town had some lovely, large, ripe tomatoes this week. They had good flavor, even if they were a bit pale towards the center, and so we could enjoy them the way we like tomatoes best. Slices of tomatoes are arranged on a plate, sprinkled with garlic salt and pepper, drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and showered with thin slices of fresh basil. 

I served them with fresh corn from the same farm stand, and with some grilled zucchini which were from our garden. Nice and summery and so delicious!

1 comment :

  1. YUM, this picture reminded me I have some corn left in the fridge... I think we're going to have our own tomatoes sometime in September. It's been either foggy or hot here - so weird.

    ReplyDelete